Items that are breakable and fragile require a lot of needed protection. With a lot of packaging options to choose to use, there’s a lot of challenge to this, but if you want packaging that does work, that prevents the breakage of items, and does do in a way that’s beneficial, here’s what we’ve found.
The packaging is responsible for saving you up to 30% on returns every single year, and it’s actually the primary reason why a customer might return something, so for those in the realm of ecommerce, it’s vital to have this, as it can make or break your products.
Choose the correct materials
The first thing that you must understand is that you need the correct materials so that the packaging reaches the correct destination without breaking or getting messed up.
It also will depend on the items that are being shipped, and their destination, and we’ll also go over some specific types of factors.
The right packaging is really important, and there are five things you should always keep in mind when you’re choosing to pack items that are fragile.
- Your materials. This is important because you want something durable, and pretty flexible. You want to make sure that you choose something that’ won’t’ compromise the packaging. Double-walled boxes for shipping are a wonderful choice for this.
- The environmental aspects. Being environmentally conscious is important, and plastic packaging is not only quite tacky, but it also won’t be good as well for the benefits of the environment too.
- The costs. You want something that is low in costs, but not going to skimp out on protecting the item inside. You’ll end up wasting more money if that happens.
- The size. You want to get boxes that are going to fit the items. You shouldn’t go for the one-size-fits-most type of approach, because that may cause you to spend more for filler that will ultimately break. Go flexible, and you’ll do better.
- The aesthetics are the final part of this. You want something that has good graphics and colors and is consistent amongst all brands. You have to have this in place, as most customers base their purchasing decisions off of this.
Don’t’ be afraid to use Void Fill
Don’t be scared to use this. You want to use something that’ll offer a cushion to the packaging. However, your first choice might not be bubble wrap, as it’s not very eco friendly.
The problem with bubble wrap is that they usually end up in our oceans, and they’re not good for the environment.
The cool thing about this, is that these days, there are now eco-friendly packaging peanuts that you can get made from materials that are fully recyclable and are great examples of the types of great things that you can use.
Custom is Key
There is also the customized packaging option. If you’re able to order customs, do so. The reason is simple. custom packaging looks better, is prettier, and you’ll be able to create an insert that fits the packaging perfectly.
This can reduce the movements that are there, and maximizes the power of the packaging inside, offering more value to the items that are there, so that customers are able to remember who you are exactly.
The double-walled cardboard types of packaging and the inserts go a long way.
Fragile packaging is a bit more complex, and you’ve got to be mindful about it, but luckily, with this, we’ve been able to find the perfect packaging means, so that you can protect the packaging as best as possible.