If you’re planning to move, there are some supplies that you absolutely need. Without them, you’re going to have a rough move, and it won’t be fun for anyone. There are some things that you need minimally, and here, we’ll go over some of the more important, but overlooked, types of items for moving.
This is easy, and a good way to protect packaging. It also is serrated in a lot of cases so that you can just tear and use. This is wonderful for breakables, so definitely use this. Here are a few tips for using bubble wrap in your packaging:
- Always make sure to wrap the item with the bubbles facing the product to properly protect.
- You can use this on dishes and glasses, but make sure that the bubble wrap is small
- Stack dishes with bubble wrap on the edge, not flat
- Use bubbles that are bigger for bigger items including larger electronics, vases, and other sculptures.
Packing paper is another good insert for virtually anything. This can be newspaper printing, or even just white or brown paper that’s good for packing other fragile items. There are a few tips to properly use this one, and they are below:
- Make sure to get them ink-free for dishes that are light, or white-colored
- You can use it as a filler with packing boxes to prevent them from shipping
- It’s so clean that you don’t need to wash the dishes when you unpack them if you don’t want to
- It’s cheaper than bubble wrap, so unless you need it, or are buying in bulk, it’s better to just use this
- You can wrap and cushion practically every single item that you’re going to send out when you’re moving to a new locale.
Cardboard boxes are some of the most common means to move all of the items that you’re moving, in order to make a truly smooth and exciting experience for moving. They are available in a variety of different sizes and shapes and are really good for different items. Some of the tips to using these include the following:
- Use these for books, tools, silverware, and other canned goods, but keep them in smaller boxes
- Use the larger ones for pillows, lamp shades, and bedding, bulkier items
- Medium boxes are good for toys, small electronics and appliances, and also smaller lampshades
- You will want to make sure to use a combination of these boxes so that they don’t get too heavy.
- Never overpack these since if you’re moving it, you’re going to be the one to move this, so be smart with it
- Pack the heavier items near the bottom part, and then the light ones near the top part
- Never leave empty spaces in this, since this could cause damage to the items. You can pack these with linens and towels until everything is properly stabilized, in order to help with stacking and to make them better for moving
Finally, there are moving blankets. If you’re working with professionals, you will not need to buy them, but if you want to use them, you can buy them, or just use comforters, blankets, and beach towels. These are furniture pads, and they definitely are good for a lot of people. You sometimes want to buy since you don’t know how dirty they are, but they prevent the furniture from being scratched and also can be shrink-wrapped to furniture.